Wednesday, February 17, 2016
The Essential Films Podcast: Episode 2 - CITIZEN KANE (1941)
We are back with a new format and a new direction! Join Adolfo Acosta and new co-host Mark Espinosa as we discuss, arguably, the greatest film of all time: CITIZEN KANE!
On this show:
• How did we first experience the film?
• The pros and cons of Laserdisc
• How did Orson Welles get into Hollywood, including a discussion on the War of the Worlds Broadcast
• Discussions on both THE BATTLE OVER CITIZEN KANE and RKO 281
• If you’re Orson Welles, how do you top CITIZEN KANE?
• The similarities between Charles Foster Kane and William Randolph Hearst
• The brilliance of the narrative device and how innovative it was
• Gregg Toland’s gorgeous cinematography
• Rosebud: What does it symbolize and does it matter?
• The greatest dirty joke in movie history
• The similarities between CITIZEN KANE and THE INTERVIEW. (Yes, we make a connection!)
• How did Hearst blackmail the Hollywood studios to almost kill CITIZEN KANE
• HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY is the FORREST GUMP of 1941
• What happened to Welles post-KANE?
• How did the film, after its initial box office failure, become to be regarded as the greatest film of all time?
•What other box office bombs of the modern era could potentially be considered a classic in 40 years?
• Orson Welles as Jesus?
• And much more!
LIKE, RATE, REVIEW AND SUBSCRIBE ON ITUNES!
Celebrating the cinematic achievements of 2018. Official 2018 Selections ___________________ Best Film - Dram...
Much like our celebrated 100 Greatest Movie Villains countdown, we are kicking off the New Year with the 100 Greatest Movie Heroes! Cr...
The Essential Films Podcast Episode #024: Bonus Features - Vinegar Syndrome, Blaxploitation, Trashy Movies & The Woes of Physical MediaBONUS FEATURES Warning: The following is unedited raw audio with NSFW language. STREAM IT or SUBSCRIBE AND DOWNLOAD ON ITUNES In...