The night WE CAME HOME!
Just in time for Halloween, on today’s podcast adventure, Adolfo and Mark discuss the 1978 John Carpenter classic: HALLOWEEN! On today’s discussion:
- How Rob Zombie put his own spin on the much maligned remake
- When did Adolfo and Mark experience Halloween?
- How an iconic horror movie has little to no blood and gore
- Elementary school book fairs!
- Local video stores! (Shout out to the late Mr. Willie’s)
- John Carpenter’s early film career before he got the HALLOWEEN job
- Weird Al and Chris Hardwick in a HALLOWEEN movie?
- The William Shatner connection
- The film’s connection to PSYCHO
- The POV murder sequence that opens the film
- Slasher movies as morality plays
- The “Final Girl” trope
- Why we laugh at Tommy’s pain
- The relatively low body count
- Why you must always check the backseat of your car.
- Who cares about the the motivation of Michael Myers?
- Did the WWE rip off HALLOWEEN?
- You can’t kill Evil
- Carpenter’s excellent film score and how he can’t even read music.
- The glory days of VHS tapes!
- Is the film Misogynist or Feminist?
- The nany sequels and remake
- The ATARI 2600 video game!
- This week in Film History
- David Pumpkins (ANY QUESTIONS?)
PLUS REFERENCES TO:
- ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 (1976)
- BATMAN RETURNS (1992)
- BRAM STOKER’S DRACULA (1992)
- THE CABIN IN THE WOODS (2012)
- DARK STAR (1974)
- THE DEVIL’S REJECTS (2005)
- THE FRIDAY THE 13th Series
- HALLOWEEN (2007)
- HALLOWEEN II (1981)
- HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH (1983)
- HALLOWEEN H20 (1998)
- GRINDHOUSE (2007)
- MANIAC (2012)
- THE NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET Series
- THE PAGEMASTER (1993)
- PSYCHO (1960)
- THE THING (1982)
- THE THING (2011)
- THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD (1951)