The latest episode of The Essential Films Podcast is now available for streaming and download!
On today's podcast adventure, Adolfo Acosta and Mark Espinosa go into deep analysis on the Alfred Hitchcock classic, VERTIGO.
On this show, Adolfo & Mark discuss:
• Their favorite Hitchcock films
• Hitchcock’s epic run in the 1950s and early 1960s that included canon classics like REAR WINDOW, NORTH BY NORTHWEST, VERTIGO, PSYCHO and THE BIRDS
• The origins of VERTIGO
•How the opening chase scene is ultimately irrelevant to the plot
•VERTIGO's connection to the New York production of SLEEP NO MORE
•How Hitchcock leads the viewer into what they think is a supernatural mystery, and then completely switches gears on them, two years before PSYCHO would also manipulate viewer expectations
• The themes of overwhelming guilt and dangerous obsessions
• Bernard Herrman’s musical score
• The "Vertigo" shot
• In a Hitchock film, the story is less important than visual impact
•The film's COMPLETE snub at the Academy Awards
• Phallic symbols and necrophilia? Yes, Hitchcock slipped that into this film
• Plus side discussions of CITIZEN KANE, THE SHINING, ROOM 237, JAWS and KNIGHTY KNIGHT BUGS
iTunes version Coming Soon!